|You are here: Home > Eye Makeup Tips > Cat Eye Makeup
How To Apply Cat Eye or Winged Eyeliner Eye Makeup
While Angelina Jolie is well known for her famous for her style, fashion sense and bold cat eye makeup, you can have the same look using inexpensive cosmetics from drugstore brands like Cover Girl and Loreal. The cat eye makeup look has been around for hundreds of years, with Angelina Jolie obviously not being the first to rock this look. In fact, Cleopatra was well known for her cat eye makeup and was likely the first documented female who sported this fun and sexy eye makeup trend.
Beauty and Makeup Tools You Will Need for the Cat Eye Look
- Liquid (harder to do) or Pencil (easier to do) Eyeliner
- Magnifying Mirror
- Eye Primer
- Eye lash Curler
- False Eyelashes (optional)
- A Steady Hand!
How to Apply Liner & Mascara for the Cat Eye Vintage Look
- Decide the type of eyeliner you want to use. Cat eye makeup starts with a major choice. You must decide if you want to take on this task of trying to apply cat eye makeup liner with a liquid liner or a pencil liner. If youíre new to applying liner, pencil liner is much more forgiving. But, liquid can give you bolder results. To figure out which works best for you, itís a great idea to try out both. You can also find liquid pen liner which is kind of the best of both worlds offering easy application and bold color! When choosing the liquid pen, be sure you find the shortest pen tip available because it will give you the most control possible. You can choose any dark color but black is obviously the most common choice for this task.
- Prime Your Eyelid for Makeup Application. Before you start with the liner however, you must prime your eyelid area. Most people choose not to use bold shadow when they are doing cat eye makeup. So, go for a neutral highlighting shadow and sweep it over your entire eyelid before you start with the eyeliner. A shimmery shadow can help you get the sexy look youíre looking for.
- Use a magnifing mirror to make eyeliner application easier. After you gather your eyeliner, simply set up a hands-free mirror. If you have a magnified mirror, youíll have better vision throughout the process. After all, when you apply liner youíll want to be able to clearly see what youíre doing!
- Start drawing a line with eyeliner as close to your lash line as possible. Starting with the inner corner of the eye, touch the pen lightly to the lashline and drag it toward the outer corner of the eye. The main point here is to draw the line as close to the lash line as you possibly can. A thin line to start is fine. You can always go back and fatten it up to get better results and shape.
- As you get to the end of your lash line, you can slightly turn the line upward toward your temple. The length of the shade line is up to you but you can always shorten it if you overdo it by dipping a Q-tip in makeup remover and erasing the edge of the line. The placement of the winged tip is more crucial to the beauty results than the length.
- Curl lashes or apply false lashes, then follow up with mascara. After you have the eyeliner perfectly applied, itís time to work on your lashes. For the most dramatic look, false eyelashes are a great option. However, you can learn to do use your own lashes for this as well. If you donít want to try false lashes, simply start by using an eyelash curler on your lashes. Hold it in place for ten seconds and then immediately apply bold black mascara to the lashes. Allow them to dry and do the same for the other eye. Then add another coat of bold black mascara to finish them off.
|Tell Us Your Comment or Question About This Article|
Continue reading the next beauty article on eye makeup tips